2. The Trillium Hammock ($250) lets you and two other friends have sleep shenanigans in the air!
While you don’t have to stack the hammocks like this, it sure looks way cooler when you do. Leaving the top hammock to pee has never been more difficult! They also offer this in tent form for those looking for more coverage.
3. The Therm-a-Rest Treo Chair ($70-99) allows you to carry a chair that folds down into a thermos size.
Price varies depending on color.
4. MSR Flex 4 System ($145) stores a million pans and cups for group meals in one pot.
Saving space is the name of the game and this is the most efficient use of space I’ve seen for cookingware.
5. Heimplanet Tents ($450-$615) is an inflatable geometric tent.
Alright it’s expensive, but they offer smaller tents for those who are sleeping in smaller groups. Also, just look how cool they are!
6. Matador Pocket Blanket ($25) is an ultra compact, water repellent and puncture resistant blanket.
Everyone needs a blanket at some point and this one has almost everything you’re looking for in a travel size. It also has weighted corners so that it doesn’t blow around on a windy day.
8. Petzl – TIKKA RXP headlamp ($99) automatically adjusts brightness to the environment and optimizes battery life.
You can set the light to be a wide, mixed or focused beam which gives you a lot of flexibility in different scenarios. It can charge through USB and is fully weatherproof.
9. VSSL Supplies ($45-$99) a water resistant flashlight that also holds crucial survival gear inside it.
The VSSL Supplies contains a compass, a 4 hour candle, a razor blade, water purification tablets, a wire saw, an emergency whistle, waterproof matches, fire tinder, fishing gear, a signal mirror, rope, trail markers, a can opener and a first aid kit. Thats an insane amount of stuff for just one container. They also have a version that is just the container ($46).
10. Etekcity Ultralight is a fully functional stove that weighs under 100 grams and is only $10!
It runs off standard single butane/butane-propane canisters and is perfect for the pack weight conscious backpacker.
11. Zippo Handwarmer ($16) works off lighter fluid and runs for 12 hours on one fill!
These things really do get super warm and they run cheaply off of lighter fluid. Perfect for keeping your sleeping bag warm on cold nights.
13. The Windcatcher ($99) allows you to fill up a full air mattress in seconds with a few breaths.
Thanks to the science behind their valve, the air entering the Windcatcher is at least 10 to 15 times greater than the air you expelled from your lungs, saving you time and effort!
14. AeroPress ($32) makes a solid cup of coffee with minimal fuss and cleanup.
A tried and true staple of coffee making aficionados around the world, the Aeropress is only made up of three easy to clean parts and is capable of brewing espresso.